Residency Requirements

To play in Benicia Little League you must be a resident of Benicia and provide proof of residency within the league boundaries.


You must fall withing the guidelines of the Little League Waivers which are provided below.

Proof of Residency must be provided before the Majors Division Draft or you player will be placed on a waiting list. The easiest way to give this to the league is by attending one of the Walk-In Age and Residency validation sessions. These are scheduled in December of each year.

If you do not attend a Walk-In session, you will need to contact the Player Agent to make arrangements to provide the documents.

Proof of Residency

Per Little League International:

Residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardians(s) name, street address, city, state, and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1 (of previous year) and Feburary 1 of the current season year, from on or more documents from EACH of the three Groups outlined below:

Group 1

  1. Driver's License
  2. School Records
  3. Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
  4. Employment records
  5. Insurance documents

Group II

  1. Welfare/child care records
  2. Federal records (i.e., Federal Tax, Social Security, etc.)
  3. State records
  4. Local (municipal records)
  5. Support payment records
  6. Homeowner or tenant records
  7. Military records

Group III

  1. Voter's Registration
  2. Utility bills (i.e., gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
  3. Financial records
  4. Medical records
  5. Internet, cable or satellite records

School Enrollment Form

School Enrollment Form

As of 2015 - If your player or players attend school within the Benicia Unified School District, your player may play baseball in Benicia Little League.

To do so you must download the School Enrollment form, have it signed by the school principal, and turn the form in during one of the Age & Residency Validation sessions.

Regulation II(d) Waiver

The Parents / Guardian of the Player must have lived in the Local League's boundary while the Player was registered and playing (at least 1/2 season) at the Local League.  If due to a residential move or league boundary change, the Parents / Guardian no longer live in the boundary of the Local League, the Player may be Approved to continue playing at their former park with a waiver.  Siblings of Players who are Approved to play under Regulation II(d) may also qualify to play at the Local League.
3 Valid Proofs of Residency from the last season in which the player resided within the Local League boundary are required for this waiver request.

Regulation IV(h) Waiver

This waiver is similar to a II(d) Waiver in that the Parents / Guardian must have previously lived in the Local League's boundary and be able to produce 3 Proofs of Residency of such.  The Parent / Guardian must have continued Volunteer Service to the Local League in the capacity of a Board Member or Coach in order to qualify for this waiver.

Regulation V(a) 12 Year Old Waiver

Players who are League Age 12 MUST play in the Little League Major Division.  In order for a League Age 12 Player to play down in the Minor Division, a Waiver MUST be approved by the Local League, the Parent / Guardian, and the District Administrator.


Play Up Request

League Age 6 and 8 year old players may request to Play Up into either Farm (6 years old), or Minor B (8 year old).

Your first step is the register for the division you play would normally be assigned to (6 = Tee-Ball, 8 = Farm).

Then you may submit a request, and the Player Agent will review your request. If your request is approved - the Player Agent  will add your player to the team player pools.

A fee - difference between divisional fees - will be charged for players requesting a move from Farm to Minor B, 

6 Year Old - Player into the Farm Player Pool (League Builds Teams)

8 Year Old - Player into the Minor B Draft Pool (Coaches draft players).

Though play up requests are approved, players may or may not be placed or selected to teams based on size of division, and coaching selection.

To submit a Play Up Request - click on the link below.

BLL Registrar

Play Down Request

There are situations where a parent would prefer that their son or daughter Play Down a division.

This may only be done through correspondance with the Player Agent and only under special circumstances.

If you feel your player should be allowed to Play Down a division. Please contact our Player Agent.

BLL Player Agent (Lower Division)